When VO does this on my phone, I just power it off and then back on again.

Tammy

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Robin
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 4:57 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: No Speech Though VO Is On

Here's MySuggestion:
Try This:
  HoldDown the HomeButton or Press&Hold the HomeButton, & Say, Turn  VoiceOver
OFF, & then  Press&Hold  the HomeButton again, & Say, Turn VoiceOver ON.

You could also  Do It this way too:
Say, HeySiri, Turn VoiceOver OFF & then  HeySiri,  Turn VoiceOver ON.

Then
Place  a  Finger on Your  iPhone'sTouchScreen, to Determine if VoiceOver is
WorkinAgain.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/7.0.1.0.2.20200829145323.0230e928%40comcast.net.