From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Mary Otten
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:03 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Mac verses Ipad

There is an app for reading books from bookshare called read2go for the iPad
and phone etc. You download books directly inside the app and can use either
voice over or the speech that comes with the app to read those books. I
would never replace my computer with an iPad for at least two reasons. I
scan books. Can't do that on an iPad. I also don't think the word processors
are ready for accessibility prime time on any i-device compared with a pc or
even a Mac. The iPad is fine for email and the web etc. But as a content
creation device, as a blind person, I don't think it compares with a
computer.

Mary

Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com