From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Richard
Turner
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 10:42 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Some questions about seeing AI app

I highly recommend listening/watching the videos on each channel.

To change channels, touch near the bottom center of the screen, just above the
home button, you should hear something like, short text channel, actions
available.

Flick up with one finger at that point and you will change to the document
channel, keep flicking up to find the 9 channels available.

here is a quick summary of the channels.

Short Text channel, reads automatically any text in view of the camera without
taking pictures.

Document, will capture an entire page if you hold the camera about the same
height above the page that the page is tall.  So, about 10 to 11 inches above a
standard 8.5/11 page and it will say things like top and right edges not
visible.  Adjust the phone slightly in the opposite direction of what is not
visible until it says “hold steady.” Hold that position for a couple of seconds
and it will capture the whole page , then you can either double tap the play
button or flick down with two fingers to read the entire sceeen.

You do not have to keep holding it above the page after it has captured the
text.

Product channel, tires to identify bar codes, so you have to move the camera
around a package to find the bar code or turn the package.

Colors, is notaccurate, so don’t bother.

Currency, will identify money from several countries.

Person, you have to take a picture, and it tries to guess the person’s gender
and age, can be entertaining.

Scene preview, take a picture to get a description of the scene.

Handwriting, if the handwriting is right side up, take a picture and it does
quite a good job of converting the handwriting into readable text.

Light, emits a tone depending on the amount of light, low tones means less
light, the higher the pitch the more light there is.

There is a button to watch a video by the developer of the app with each
channel or in the menu, help, and in case you do not already know, the main
developer is blind.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass
himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds
among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to
others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert