It is hardware dependent, but computers have been able to run 64-bit operating
systems for probably more than 15 years. Unless you bought a netbook 10 years
ago, any computer you've purchased in the last 15 years, if not longer, has
been able to run a 64-bit operating system. Computers cut over to a 64-bit
architecture during Windows 2000, and like I said, any computer running Windows
7 was almost assuredly a 64-bit computer.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail