I have an HP Envy with a touch screen. My Dell at the office also has a touch
screen. I got the touch screen on the HP Envy mostly because it was a good
deal, but also because I wanted the flexibility of being able to use a touch
screen. I end up using it so little though, that for my next laptop I would not
be spending extra for a touch screen. That's assuming touch screen technology
doesn't change a lot over the next few years.

The touch screen on your laptop will work similarly to your iPhone, although if
you're using a PC with JAWS, NVDA or Narrator, then the gestures will be
different. Basically you explore by touch, swipe and double tap, just like you
would on your iPhone. The idea with the clam shell form factor is that you can
use it as a standard laptop, but you can also swing the screen around and use
it like a tablet.

Like I said, I don't use my touch screen much, and I mostly forget that I even
have a touch screen. Like Joe said, I'll use it occasionally when I don't think
JAWS is telling me everything on the screen. My wife also has a touch screen on
her Asus laptop, and she doesn't use it much either, but she does find it
convenient, and she'll occasionally use it to do something on the screen rather
then reach for the mouse. I've also seen people at the office do this as well.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail