Hello to all who responded to my Siri problem. It is now corrected.
Even though I did a complete restore of my iPhone using Recovery Mode, the
problem still existed.
So, I took things a little further.
1. I reinstalled the OS from scratch and ran the phone as a new phone.
The problem went away.
2. I then restored the phone and ran the backup from icloud. The problem came
back.
So, I removed everything from my iCloud account and I do mean everything.
3. I then restored the phone as a new phone, manually put all the info back in
place and the problem is now gone. When I discussed this with Apple support,
they didn't say any thing about 3 digit numbers.
So, in conclusion, I can now  call numbers just fine but not those 3 digit
numbers.
Thanks guys for pointing this out, I sure appreciate it.
Oh yes, one other thing, I also disabled Siri for a few hours and then re
activated it. I am now also getting much better response while dictating or
looking up stuff.
So, that's the end of this little story.
Hope this helps someone else if they are having similar problems.

Sent from my iPhone