Not sure I agree that voice recognition can be made to work perfectly with VoiceOver without headphones.  I think that, in order to be certain of no conflicts between voice control and VoiceOver, Voice Control will need to recognize and filter out any spoken information given by voiceover regardless of which voice the user selects.  I love using voice control when wearing some type of head set.

On 2020-12-20 2:13 p.m., Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
You definitely get better results if you wear headphones, in my opinion Voice
Control which is primarily designed for people who can't control their phone
due to physical reasons but who can see the screen is amazing, but it's not
quite ready for prime time for visually impaired users who rely on Voiceover.
Whether it will ever be is hard to say, one should never say never, but I found
it is way too much trouble to be worth it for me.