From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
deidreandlou...@gmail.com
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 7:25 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: setting preferences and skills in the Alexa App

Kimberly
               Maybe it's time to get on the Echo list again and ask for sites
that have answers to all these basic questions. There is a spot for help  and
feedback on the Alexa App so I thinkI'll review what is in there. When I looked
at the part of the App that reads "Accessibility" I don't remember anything
extensive in the way of settings in there.
If I ask Alexa what skills I have enabled, I am told that  there are 5 of them
which are broad catagories such as games, trivia, song quiz,  sounds...
Yesterday someone looking in the Alexa App on my phone saw 11 of them.  It's
confusing. I'mconfusedtoo why reminders on my phone say one thing and a
reminder I created through Alexa is something different I told her to remind me
of. That reminder was not recorded in my Reminders App and neither does it show
anywhere else where I can delete it. Hmmm.
Back to Skills, I'd like to know, for example,what category of skills, if that
be what they are specific to, the TJ Sermonsstuff, or celebrity stuff, or Bible
stuff is in. It would be nice to see that. My main interests are in music,
science, the arts, and literature. I'd sure like to point to suggestions being
made to include those topics. I currently hear short lists that say do you want
to hear somethinglike TJ Sermons or somethingfrom the Bible, which I take are
part of skills not yet "launched" or"enabled" - I'm not even sure if those
terms are two different things or not.  I assume they are things proposed I
might want to try.
               Time to take these questions elsewhere.

               Deidre

http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C9e511fad6d5e4e9951ec08d8e24655b1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637508138995552920%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=eW2Y6r94oFOrDY476t1rhP7AsXWaWSGEPEjsPVSi6Vc%3D&reserved=0>
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/012b01d7142f%2431973310%2494c59930%24%40gmail.com<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2F012b01d7142f%252431973310%252494c59930%2524%2540gmail.com%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dfooter&data=04%7C01%7C%7C9e511fad6d5e4e9951ec08d8e24655b1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637508138995552920%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=gfVUdxXMCJZfO%2FGpVGB%2BiIIYd3j4ti9bYYQEPXAJgG0%3D&reserved=0>.