If your rotation is locked, then I have no idea what is causing the issue.
My rotation is also locked, and I have never experienced any problem using any
of my iPhones when laying flat on a table or desktop.
Only other thing I can think of, is when viewing some video sites, orientation
automatically changes to landscape while the video is playing.

- Brad -

On Mar 29, 2021, at 10:42, 'Ron Schrader' via VIPhone