From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Wayne
Merritt
Sent: Tuesday, 13 April 2021 2:00 am
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Glucose monitor?

Hi. One additional item which has not been mentioned here yet. I use the
Freestyle Libre as well. There is an additional Freestyle app called the Libre
Lookup. With some doing through the regular Freestyle Libre app, one can
automatically share their scan results with a family member. I say with some
doing because I had to look up how to do it. I downloaded the Lookup app,
thinking I would set it up through there. In reality, you go through the
regular Freestyle Libre app and it's share functions to share the results. I've
talked with my sighted wife about this, and she reports that the results show
up on her phone as a notification, before they appear on my phone in the scan
results.
I did a scan while she was at church, and she wrote back within seconds of me
finishing the scan, and suggested I get some candy.
Though the Freestyle is super user friendly and convenient, I will also be
investing in the new Apple Watch this fall if indeed it has blood glucose
monitoring capabilities. I love my current Series 6 watch, but being able to
scan my sugars from my wrist seems like the best option.

Best,
Wayne Merritt

--
Follow me on Twitter: @wcmerritt