  From: Richard Turner
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 10:45 AM
  Subject: RE: podcast recording on iPhone

  Any recording app will do a good job.

  Which Microphone do you have?

  One of the more impressive free apps is Dolby ON for great recordings.  It
is worth trying, and you can do videos within it.

  Yes, the Videos will use whatever microphone you have whether it is the
built-in one, or an external mic.

  While the transcriptions are not perfect, the $5 Just Press Record does
good recordings and will try to transcribe the spoken words.

  Of course, the built-in Voice Memos does a fine job of recording as well.

  And if you use the regular video setting in the Camera app, it will use
the built-in stereo or the external stereo microphone for the audio portion
of the video.

  You will find tons more info on applevis.com

  Richard

  "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but
what they become by it."

  - John Ruskin, 1819-1900

  Web site: www.turner42.com