From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Lisa
Belville
Sent: Tuesday, 27 April 2021 12:47 pm
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Help, What to do about a briefly submerged phone

Simon, my sister was over here helping me look for rice.  I had none, but a
short Google search suggested oatmeal or even couscous.  I decided to go with
the oatmeal.  I put the phone in a ziplock bag and it's currently sitting on my
dryer that's been running for a couple of hours.

The phone was working just fine before I powered it off.  The ominous thing is
that my sister insisted plugging it in was safe even though I reminded how
electricity and water didn't mix, yadayada.  She had removed the case and
everything was bone dry. The phone connected, but a message popped up saying
the lightening charging wasn't available because the phone detected water in
the charging port.

we unplugged the phone and I gave it a gentle shake.  There was a slight mist
of water that came out of the port.  It wasn't even two or three drops, just a
mist.

I'm cautiously confident at this point.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1...@frontier.com