  From: Woody Anna Dresner
  Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:01 PM
  Subject: Fwd: Getting Started with the iPhone and iOS 14

  Hi everyone,

  I thought some of you might want to know about this, particularly if you or a
friend are just starting out with the iPhone.

  Best,
  Anna

    Begin forwarded message:

    From: Tony Grima <agr...@nbp.org>

    Subject: Getting Started with the iPhone and iOS 14

    Date: April 29, 2021 at 1:51:48 PM CDT

    To: <wadres...@att.net>

                            Getting Started with the iPhone and iOS 14:
Step-by-Step Instructions for Blind Users
                            By Anna Dresner
                            In Braille (3 vols.), BRF, DAISY, or Word: $24.00
                            Note: The DAISY download will be available on
Friday, April 30, but it is available for purchase now.

                            This new edition of our soup-to-nuts tutorial for
beginners contains everything you need to know to get started using the iPhone
and the iOS 14 operating system. If you like step-by-step tutorials, you'll
appreciate the detailed way in which you're guided through setting up your
phone, placing calls, entering text, using a Bluetooth keyboard and braille
display, and more. If you prefer to look up the commands you need, you'll love
the first appendix, which lists the most handy gestures and buttons in an
organized manner so you can find the one you want.

                            Other appendices include troubleshooting tips and a
list of resources to help you learn more. Most of the book is relevant for iPod
touch users, and since the layout of iPhone Plus screens resembles that of iPad
screens, iPad users should find this edition useful as well.

                            Order the book and read the table of contents here.

                            There's also a handy iOS 14 Reference Card: $8.00

                            If you only want to know what's new in iOS 14, try
What's New in iOS 14: A Guide for Blind Users: $18.00

                            Keep up-to-date on all of our technology books here!

                            Other Technology Guides
                              a.. Identifying and Labeling Everything:
Recognizing the Items in Your Life, by Judy Dixon
                              b.. Dinner Delivered: Accessible and Easy Ways to
Receive Meals Direct to Your Door, by Kim Loftis and Chris Grabowski
                              c.. Getting Started with Google Suite: A Brief
Overview of Google's Most Popular Productivity Apps, by Lisa Salinger, Kim
Loftis, and Chris Grabowski
                              d.. Dating in the Digital Age: An Accessible
Journey for Finding Love Online, by Kim Loftis
                              e.. Drop into Dropbox: It's So Much More than
File Storage, by Judy Dixon
                              f.. Computers You Can Talk To: Siri, Alexa,
Google Now, and Cortana, by Anna Dresner
                            *****
                            To order any books, send payment to:
                            NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
                            Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or
(617) 266-6160 ext 520.
                            Or order any of our books online at
                            http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html.

                            Forward to a friend

                            Copyright © 2021 National Braille Press, All rights
reserved.

                            National Braille Press
                            88 Saint Stephen St
                            Boston, MA  02115

                            Add us to your address book

                            www.nbp.org

                             Connect with us!

                            set email preferences (HTML vs. Plain Text)
unsubscribe from this list

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/544B5697-69D3-4981-A867-4BC8E4E56F42%40att.net.