Hi Dwayne,
I just discovered a work around for the Bible app.
Find the first verse, and start VoiceOver reading with the 2 finger swipe down,
I just tried this with three verses, so it may take some experimenting: but
when it read the third verse, I did the 3 finger quadruple tap to copy the last
spoken text to the clipboard, then hit reply to this message and pasted it
below. You could do the same in Writer.
In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in
the Jordan. 10 And just as he was coming up out of the water, he saw the
heavens torn apart and the Spirit descending like a dove on him. 11 And a voice
came from heaven, “You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased.”

Richard
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss
people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

www.turner42.com