I'm more excited about Shareplay. I mean, not just for watching movies with
people without the awful TV noise, but also for general screen sharing,
gaming stuff, all that. I think FaceTime will be used a heck of a lot more
now. Also, Dolby Atmos for FaceTime? Man these kinds of things are what
I've been asking companies to look into. Background noise for focusing or
relaxing? Stuff like this! Apple's push for better and better audio, with
even Apple Music getting Dolby Atmos support, is amazing for me. Just
imagine background ambience 2.0, where maybe the sounds will be task
dependent, like soothing noise for reading, something calming for social
media to maybe mellow out the rage online, something focusing for writing,
stuff like that! I mean, I'd probably have this on a lot if it comes to
MacOS, just to keep me focused and on-task or even motivated. Just imagine
what can be done with sound to help with motivation. And if one is working
in XCode, maybe a little rewarding sound for every function created or
every 50 lines of code. Or in writing, a rewarding sound for every 100
words, or every scene or chapter written. I mean, all this is just getting
started! Imagine Dolby Atmos for VoiceOver TTS and sounds, so that the
voice isn't just jammed into your ear punching with every word. Rather,
speech could be outward a bit, in front of you, maybe with slight reverb to
soften things a bit and make you feel like you have space around you. Stuff
like that.
Devin Prater
r.d.t.pra...@gmail.com
gemini://tilde.pink/~devinprater/