I think what you have done is gotten into navigation mode triple tap with three
fingers and see what happens it should go back to normal. I hope this helps.
It’s very disconcerting the first time it happened, but I called Apple
Accessibility when it happened to me and we figured it out. Write back if you
need any further help on this, but I think that’s what’s going on just take
three fingers and triple tap and the opposite is true you can put it back into
the motor in by triple tapping again. When this is doing it, do you hear clicks
when you flick to the right or to the left if so that’s the problem.  Let me
know.

Reggie Alvarado