Hi richard,
I have been using this iPhone XR since I got it almost 3 years ago now. And I
do have the attention thing on for face ID, and it is no problem. I have never
had sight. And I am is easily able to unlock with face ID with attention
enabled as I am with the touch ID on my old 7+. Neither of these is perfect,
sometimes I have to use the code. But I wouldn’t be afraid of the attention
mode if I were you.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone