Maybe you accidentally turned speech off? try a 3-finger double-tap to see if the phone will say "speech on."

Kathy Blackburn
kblac...@austin.rr.com

On Nov 5, 2021 10:22 AM, janet gross <janet.harv...@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I turned on my phone this morning, and I can’t hear Voice Over speaking at all.  I can hear the clicking sound when I am swiping, but that is all.  I tried shutting down the phone, but that didn’t make any difference, I told Siri a few times to turn on Voice Over, and she said Voice Over is already on, so I told her to turn off Voice Over, and she says nothing, I tell her to turn on Voice Over again, she once again says Voice Over is already on.  Can someone please tell me if there is anything else I can do.  Oh, I also turned  the mute button for the ringer off and back on, and that didn’t make a difference either.  I’m using an XR phone with 14.8.

Thank you all in advance.

Janet

Sent from Mail for Windows

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/CH2PR06MB6694D5F11DDA51933DE5114EFC8E9%40CH2PR06MB6694.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.