Hi Will,

I can't answer your first question regarding whether it can stream Avi
files, however, I can tell you that currently you cannot install any apps
unless you Jailbreak the apple TV.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Wil James
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 11:24 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: apple tv question

I have a couple questions about Apple TV.

Is it able to stream .avi files over your network?  If not, could something
like Oplayer be installed on it to facilitate streaming said file format?

Sent from Wil's iPhone 4S
----------
E-mail or iMessage: w...@wilanddenise.com
Twitter: wiljames
zellow: wilcjames

On Nov 5, 2012, at 11:09 AM, Søren Jensen <s...@coolfortheblind.dk> wrote:

> Hi.
> That  depends on what you're using your Apple tv for. If you try to
duplicate the screen from your Mac without having turned on your tv, nothing
happens. Of course no picture but no sound as well. The same happens if you
go into any app which shows some video. It's only audio stuff which works
without a tv.
> Best regards:
> Søren Jensen
> Mail & MSN:
> s...@coolfortheblind.dk
> Website:
> http://www.coolfortheblind.dk/
>
> Den 04/11/2012 kl. 21.25 skrev "Daniel Miller" <miller...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Yes, it'll work if you ran a digital optical cable from that port to your
>> audio system.

Behalf