This is exactly what I get when I double tap on the side of the glasses and ask
it to launch any app of my choice like the Mail app for example or to open some
other app I don’t know like calendar for example just to throw a couple out
there this is Siri‘s response and keep in mind I do not own a HomePod.

Sorry, I'm having problems with the connection. Check that your personal device
iS on the same Wi-Fi network as this. HomePod.
The second time around when I ask it to open mail for example or the calendar
for example it just says sorry I’m still having problems with the connection.

Sent from my iPhone