From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Sieghard
Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, 16 November 2021 6:41 am
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Siri not letting you send messages?

I agree with Simon, you really want to check out the 13 series phones. I
personally think the Lidar feature could be useful, but I haven't really heard
a lot about it on this list and how blindness related apps are all over it and
taking advantage of it.
Therefore you really might want to consider also just the regular iPhone 13
which will be a lot gentler on your bank account especially if you compare it
to the 13 Pro Max.
Keep in mind that your iPhone 7 Plus is noticeably larger physically and even a
bit heavier than the iPhone 13 and 13 Pro (those two phones are identical in
physical size, screen size and weight) but your 7 Plus has only a 5.5 inch
screen whereas the 13 and 13 Pro have a 6.1 inch screen.

If you compare iPhone 7 Plus and 13/13 Pro, your 7 Plus is almost half an inch
longer and about a quarter inch wider even though screen size is 0.51 inches
smaller.
The iPhone 13/13 Pro is about half an ounce lighter than your 7 Plus.

Compared to your iPhone 7 Plus the iPhone 13 Pro Max is less than an eigth of
an inch longer and the width is only 0.2 mm more which is not noticeable.
Actually when you look at the width given in imperial measurement (inches) it's
actually the same because 0.2 mm in inches is 0.0078 inches and Apple only
gives 2 decimal points when providing the inches measurement.
Another way to look at it is that 0.2 mm is less than the thickness of a normal
finger nail.
However, the 13 Pro Max has a 6.7 inch screen which is measured diagonally from
one corner to the other which is well over an inch more than your iPhone 7 Plus.
Another very noticeable difference if you held your iPhone 7 Plus in one hand
and a 13 Pro Max in the other is its weight as the 13 Pro Max is almost 2
ounces heavier.

In summary, iPhone 13/13 Pro are smaller and a bit lighter than your phone but
have a larger screen, iPhone 13 Pro Max is basically the same size as yours,
but noticeable heaver.

At one point I looked up the actual specs for the older Plus phones like your 7
Plus or the 8 Plus which is the same and the new 13 series iPhones and I made a
little table to compare them which I pasted below and on which I based the
above explanations.
You can check the actual numbers using the table reading command in Jaws or
whatever equivalent NVDA probably has to read across the columns and compare
each phone:

Specs
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 13