From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Kelly
Pierce <kellyt...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 5, 2021 4:19:05 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Need advice on how to migrate data from old iPhone 7 to new iPhone
13. Anything I should know?

You are missing the wireless iPhone to iPhone transfer. I had 100 gigs
transfer in less than an hour.  Both phones need to be running iOS 15
so if the iPhone 7 is not currently running 15, you will need to
upgrade. At the end of the process, you will need to enter in your
Apple ID and password and verify your identity by entering a code sent
by text message to download the apps from the app store.

I upgraded to an iPhone 13 Mini in November from a 7.  I also backed
up the 7 on my computer and used Apple’s new feature in iOS 15 that
backs up the entire contents of your phone to iCloud for a few weeks
when upgrading to a new phone.  This means I was actually triple
backed up: regular iCloud, temporary iCloud for phone upgrades, and a
computer backup if iCloud is unavailable. Fortunately, things went
smoothly.

Enjoy your phone. I am glad I upgraded for the better battery
management and Face ID.

Kelly

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/CAOQRLb9GZShM85MaPtKYt6VHYUFM1T9m0TBWbUCAP2G0ES%3DggA%40mail.gmail.com.