Hi Seigard:
Thanks for this info.  I'll definitely be checking these out.

Tamara

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:48 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Bluetooth earpiece limitations - was a good Bluetooth ear piece
for the IPhone

Hi Tamara,

I actually use some pretty obscure ones I got from a sales rep I deal with.
He represents some other brands of outdoor gear I sell at my store and he
has picked up this line of accessories from a company called Outdoor
Technology. They make a stereo Bluetooth headset, a set of stereo Bluetooth
earbuds which are connected with a string so you can hang them around your
neck and a speaker called the "Turtle" which is like the Jambox. On my
iPhone the headset I have shows up as "OT DJ Slims", OT stands for Outdoor
Technology and I guess the model is called the DJ Slims.

I do like them, sound quality is decent for books/music, not great but OK
for phone calls and while I have not tested this a lot apparently they don't
do much in terms of noise cancellation when there is wind etc.

The website is www.OutdoorTechnology.com and if you google "OT DJ Slims" you
do get a bunch of hits with reviews including aa 4 minute something YouTube
video review. They sell retail for $69.95 and for that price they are
definitely not bad, even better in my case since the rep sold me his show
sample for half that. They do use Bluetooth 2.1 and Voiceover works fine as
they do support A2DP. Apparently Outdoor Technology is working on a
Bluetooth 3.0 version, but I am not sure when this will come out and in what
way it will be better.

I do like the fact that they do have skip forward and back buttons in
addition to the volume up/down and power button. The button configuration
has the big round on/off button in the middle, above are the skip forward
and back buttons and below are the volume up/down buttons.

They are also quite rugged with a traditional headband design and relatively
large, square foam earpieces.
They are not super light, but as I said, they do seem very stirdy and I find
them comfortable to wear.