GV  connect is completely accessible, the only reason I see using talkatone, is
so it will root your calls through wifi, but if you have unlimited talk and
text like most arriers do these days, then that is not really necessary.  Sited
assistence probably, if you don't have patients.  I did, and set it up in less
than 5 minutes, of course this was over a year ago.