From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 3:25 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Volume when on a call

Hi Barbara,

Only thing you can do is add Volume to the rotor and then once you are on a
call, turn the rotor to volume, flick Voiceover volume up to 100% and try and
turn down the call volume using the volume down button. You have to make of
course sure that “change volume with buttons” is turned on in Sounds.

If that doesn’t work you are one of the small percentage of people (at least
according to Apple Accessibility it’s a small percentage) who are affected by
this. They also told me that it mainly affects iPhone 4S users, but if you have
a 5 and experience this then apparently that is not so. This is definitely a
bug on my 4S and I have tried everything they suggested including turning off
SIRI which they told me could have an effect, but it made no difference.

I suggest you definitely want to write accessibil...@apple.com and tell hem
that you are having this issue on an iPhone 5. For those who have that problem
I would say it’s the most serious iOS 6 issue because it really makes it very
hard and in louder environments impossible to place a call where you have to
enter numbers while following prompts from a system.

You can, of course, get around this by using the headset.