Thanks, Richard. The link worked great. I would add a couple of tips to your
instructions:

I needed sighted help to sign into the Kindle app. I couldn't get to the fields
for entering my email address or password. I tried JAWS, NVDA, and Narrator
with no luck.

Also, to turn off updating, open a book in the Kindle app, and tab to Options.
Press Enter. In the first section of Options, which is general, tab to a check
box about automatic updating. Make sure to uncheck it.

HTH, and May the 4th be with you all!
Anna