Hi Eric,

Navigon knows if a certain address exists because all addresses are part of
the Navigon maps which is why it would, for example, know that on my street
there is no 3625 14th Avenue but only 3623 and then 3629 and this is why is
won't accept 3625 as a valid house number. All GPS's work that way.

It is always best to enter only a small part of the street you want and then
to pick it from the list because that way you know for sure it's correct.
Again using my example, if I selected my town and entered "14th Avenue" as
the street name and then tapped "Next" Navigon will say "No Results" and of
course I do know that I live on 14th Avenue. So going back if I just type in
"14" and then flick down to the list of matches I find "14th Ave, Smithers"
so in other words the map has my street only as 14th Ave not 14th Avenue. If
I lived in a city where there was a 14th Avenue, a 14th Street and maybe a
14A Street, then typing in just "14" will give me all these results and I
can pick the one I want.

Another good example where this is important is if you have things like
"West Broadway" and "East Broadway". This is the case in Vancouver, but
typing in "West Broadway" will yield no results and neither does W Broadway.
Here you just type "Broadway" and if you double tap on it then you have a
further choice of "E Broadway" and "W Broadway" even though typing "W
Broadway" right away yielded no results.

Good luck,