As another totally blind, VoiceOver user, I love the 13 Pro. Great battery
life. I have over 12000 songs and use the camera primarily for OCR scanning,
but am counting on the apps that will take more advantage of the LIDAR feature
that is only with the Pro models of the 12 and 13. Like the door detection
coming in iOS 16.
I paid the money for the 256 GB memory so I would not have to think about
adding to my music collaction. I still have over 130 GB free.
I have reasonably large hands and the size fits me quite nicely.
With the iPhone 14 coming out this fall, you should start to see deals on the
13 phones, assuming you don't want to wait and get the 14. I went from the SE
2020 to the 13 Pro last year, and probably won't update again until at least
the iPhone 16 or 17 have come around.
Things like amount of memory, only you can decide how much you might need.
HTH,

Richard
“What we think or what we know or what we believe is in the end of little
consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do” ~ John Ruskin
My web site: https://www.turner42.com