Hi Chris,

I have tried several of these apps, fortunately, the one that I think has
the most realistic sounds and the most versatility is the most accessible.
AmpKit is the free version which has three different distortion peddles, two
are very ordinary, but it will give you an idea of its accessibility and
versatility. It also has one or two other reverb and I think delay peddles,
but its description on the app store will clear this up. You can either buy
add ones (amps, peddles and mics to add to the free version or purchase
AmpKit plus which has a lot of the good stuff included by default. You can
hear a sample of the add-on from within the program, so you can determine if
it's something you wish to purchase.

I do advise reading the manual available from within the program to get an
understanding of what the app can do and how to go about doing it. It's
really quite versatile allowing you to choose and configure your various
peddles, amp, cabinet and mic, you can also toggle off the amp and mic and
just run a virtual peddle or two. The app allows you to record yourself,
which is great for capturing ideas you come up with on the spur of the
moment. It does include some ordinary backing tracks that you can jam along
with, but you're better off deleting all of these and uploading your own to
the app. It also supports background playback, so you can close AmpKit and
bring up your music app and play along with whatever you have in your
library.

The only part that is inaccessible, but usable is the speed slider for the
metronome, this isn't seen at all by VoiceOver. However, if you know where
it is onscreen, you can double tap and hold, then drag the slider to adjust
the speed.
Fortunately, VoiceOver does see and read the current tempo, so you can
easily tell when you have successfully changed the tempo and to what speed
you have set it to.

You will of course need a guitar adaptor which will allow you to connect
your guitar to your iPhone.

Hope this helps,
Brett.