Actually Richard on your 13 Pro which has an OLED screen, screen brightness
should have no or little effect since there is no backlighting.
Turning on the screen curtain on a phone with POLED screen simply means that
all pixels turn black whereas on a phone with LCD screen which requires
backlighting so you can read it in bright light turning on the screen curtain
turns the backlighting way down and this will in fact make more of a difference.
I think I read once that there are certain colours which take less energy on
OLED screens so really your screen should not be black but whatever colour it
is which requires the least amount of energy. I'm just saying that this is the
technology explanation. I still have an iPhone 11 which according to Apple has
the most advanced LCD screen ever used, but of course it still requires
backlighting and while I do often have screen curtain on I must say I don't
actually notice that much of a difference with battery. If you do than I don't
want to argue, but I honestly can't see how you might get even 15 or 20 minutes
more battery life with screen curtain turned on on an OLED screen phone.

One thing I have noticed is that Voiceover itself seems to take up quite a lot
of battery. We went for a walk with friends the other day and both my wife and
I as well as my friend have the Apple Watch with Cellular connectivity and with
cellular also enabled and turned on. I realized that when we left that I only
had 22% of battery remaining and I started the outdoor walk workout. My friend
had 21% remaining and also started the outdoor walk workout. We were out for a
bit over an hour and my watch died after about 1 hour, my friend still had 10%
battery remaining on his watch when we came home and I thought this was pretty
significant. I also always notice when we travel how my wife who has an iPhone
11 Pro always seems to have a lot more battery left than me with my iPhone 11,
both phones are the same age and she also uses her phone a lot and in fact a
lot more with the screen on whereas I would let's say listen to a book with the
screen turned off and only sometimes do something else and I am convinced it is
because I have Voiceover running and she doesn't or my friend didn't on his
Apple Watch.