Thanks much, Christopher.

I noticed that when I expend a thread, let’s say, of 7 message, flick up and
down to message to message, voiceOver says collapsed on fourth message, for
instance.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 4:39 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Reading Collapsed Email Messages with Native Mail Client?

What I find most intuitive and reliable for me is to move through my inbox by
flicking left and right. When you get to a message thread you’ll know because
you hear how many messages you have in the thread. Here you can delete the
double pressing. If you want to expand the thread flick up or down until you
get to expand. Later you can collapse a thread the same way. I seldom have to
open a message since my preview reads about four lines or so and is often
enough for me to know if I want to delete the message or not. If I want to read
it all then I just double tap, and just that one single message will be opened.
When in your inbox the roter actions will work on an individual message when
that’s what has focus or the whole thread if that’s what has focus. There are
other strategies with handling email, but like I said, this is what I find most
reliable and intuitive.

I’ve never seen nested threads. Are you sure you’re not just coming across the

Christopher (AKA CJ) =>÷

Chaltain at Outlook, USA