I have tried using my thumbs to type a couple of times just because I have
heard that lots of people type that way. However, I found it to be extremely
awkward.  Whenever possible, I use my M braille app to enter text. Its great
and so much faster than typing on the keyboard. In fact, I used this app to
type out this message.  I only use the keyboard when its absolutely necessary.
When I do use it, I use my index fingers.  Otherwise, I use the dictation
feature and seri for very short messages.