Spring still works for now on devices where it is already set up. But I just tried repeatedly to sign in on a new iPhone and got the dreaded blocking message…
Harry

On 21 Jan 2023, at 17:56, maryjo.lord...@gmail.com wrote:

I was replying using Spring today.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Cristóbal Muñoz
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2023 2:02 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Twitter officially kills off all third-party client apps

I’m riding the bus until the wheels fall off. So far, nothing as far as VoiceOver accessibility has broken or at least not that I’ve noticed. Of the main social media platforms, it slowly became one of the more accessible ones out there. Terrible that the accessibility team was let go along with a lot of other people, but the work they did to make Twitter very accessible is still there.

Spring for the most part is still working. I’ve noticed that I can’t reply or retweet, but it’s easy enough to access the option to view a particular tweet in the native Twitter app and do whatever I want with that tweet from there. Once Spring’s gone, I guess I’ll have to see how I get along with the actual twitter appt itself.

I mean, Mastodon’s “ok,” but it’s like night and day as far as engagement and level of information. Who knows, Musk may very well run twitter into bankruptcy as he’s hinted at already and sell it off to whoever and it’ll end up under new management and structure where we’ll be able to go through this all over again. It’s used by  so many. Not just people, but Governments, organizations and so on, it’s hard to see some other platform supplant or replicate what it does any time soon.

There will likely be a Twitter 3.0 or 4.0, but who knows what that’ll look like or who will run it. Might as well just go with the flow for now.

Cristóbal