I think people have to start mentioning exactly which phone they have since as
far as I can tell people who report having this issue all seem to be people who
have an iPhone 14 Pro, maybe also 14 Pro Max and regular 14, not sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Richard
Turner
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 7:25 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Mute Switch Always Says "Unmuted"

Mark,
That is not my experience at all.
It says what it should say whether the phone is locked or not.
I just retested it.
For what it is worth, I use Siri Voice 4 female as my VoiceOver voice.

Richard, USA.
“Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.”
--  Jane Wagner from The Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe