That overlay is awful.
There is no good way to work with it.
The NFB has published an article concerning such overlays.
Resolution 2021-04: Regarding the Use of Overlays to Make Websites Accessible
to the Blind
WHEREAS, companies such as EqualWeb, Max Access, UserWay, TruAbilities,
AudioEye, and accessiBe are deploying overlays as a strategy to automate the
task of making websites accessible—i.e., compliant with the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
and

WHEREAS, to make websites nonvisually accessible, overlays are intended among
other things to identify unlabeled graphics and automatically attach readable
text descriptions to them; to enable keyboard activation of links, buttons,
expandable/collapsible menus, and other controls which have been incorrectly
coded to be triggered only with a mouse; and to insert header tags (often used
by the blind for quick and efficient navigation on web pages) where the print
is highlighted or enlarged and not already marked as a heading; and

WHEREAS, in achieving nonvisual access, overlays today have their limitations;
for example, they cannot determine when a picture that would be described
generically as “two people standing in front of a building” should be described
as “Sarah and George standing in front of Macy’s department store”; they cannot
automatically add audio description to a video presentation; they can
inappropriately apply headings to text that is not intended to function as a
heading; they can misinterpret the layout of a table and improperly handle row
or column headings; and they cannot accurately solve an inaccessible visual
CAPTCHA; and

WHEREAS, the current inability of overlays to perform all of the tasks critical
to nonvisual access means that, while they may help to make certain parts of a
website nonvisually accessible, they alone cannot guarantee full nonvisual
access to every website where they are deployed; and

WHEREAS, companies deploying overlays have attracted hundreds of thousands of
customers by fostering the false idea that with one easy operation (e.g.,
inserting a small amount of code) their websites will be accessible and fully
compliant with prevailing web content accessibility guidelines and, further,
that they will be protected from lawsuits; and

WHEREAS, the companies deploying overlays have not, in any meaningful way,
engaged with the accessibility community, not to mention the organized blind,
to learn from a broad base of consumers whether or not overlays really improve
the accessibility of websites; and

WHEREAS, as the use of overlays has grown, blind people have encountered an
increasing number of websites where they have been prompted to turn on an
accessibility or screen reader mode by pressing ALT+1, ALT+0, or some other key
combination, but there is no readily-available information to tell them whose
overlay is operating, how to report problems with the use of the overlay,
whether or not the overlay is actually turned on, and how to disable the
overlay if it isn’t working as expected; and

WHEREAS, some of the overlays which are supposed to improve the accessibility
of the websites where they are installed present accessibility options (e.g.,
screen reader profile or anti-seizure profile) which are themselves not
accessible to screen-reader users; and

WHEREAS, the lack of helpful information and the presence of inaccessible
overlay controls leave people with disabilities without the means to provide
feedback and suggestions, use the overlay effectively, or report problems
related to the overlay; and

WHEREAS, given the large customer base which some overlay providers enjoy, it
is certain that the blind will encounter more and more websites where overlays
are employed, ostensibly to improve accessibility; consequently, there is a
compelling need for us to obtain direct, hands-on experience with the various
overlays on the market today in order to determine the strengths and weaknesses
of each overlay product and to identify those overlay providers whose
technology might actually offer real and sustainable nonvisual access to
websites and web-based applications; and

WHEREAS, the blind continue to fall behind as the number of websites created
and deployed far outpaces the number of websites which we can confidently
declare to be usable and accessible, and thus any solution which gives the
blind true nonvisual access is welcome: Now, therefore,

BE IT RESOLVED by the National Federation of the Blind in Convention assembled
this tenth day of July, 2021, that this organization call upon overlay
developers and their paying customers to engage with the National Federation of
the Blind and the broader accessibility community to ensure that overlays are
developed and implemented in ways that truly improve access to websites; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this organization insist that current and potential
overlay customers recognize that complete and long-lasting accessibility
requires more than a one-time installation of code; that accessibility should
be a priority throughout the entire lifecycle of any product from design to
full implementation; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this organization condemn and deplore the unethical
practices of overlay providers which attempt to convince website owners that
overlays are the easiest and most affordable way to protect a website owner
from lawsuits and make their websites accessible and compliant with the WCAG;
and we demand that overlay providers stop making misleading, unproven, and
unethical claims which falsely inflate the value and effectiveness of their
technology; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this organization demand that companies which
develop and deploy overlays to improve accessibility design their overlays to
enable users to:

know that an overlay is available,
determine when an overlay is operating and when it is not,
activate or deactivate an overlay as needed,
configure the overlay to meet specific disability requirements (e.g.,
screen-reader mode or contrast adjustment) using fully accessible controls, and
obtain information to contact the overlay provider.

Richard, USA.
“Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.”
--  Jane Wagner from The Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe