Wow that's great! but does anyone know if they'll make Spanish versions of this communicator? Sounds interesting!
Gerardo
-----Mensaje original----- From: Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 7:22 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: HIMS Releases HIMS Chat, an app for face-to-face communication for those who are deaf-blind

Hi,
Even though there are a few things for them to work out, I did a trial run
with a sighted co-worker today and it seems to work fairly well.  I am not
deaf-blind, but we have clients that are, so I wanted to take it for a spin.
A few things to note:

1.  There is a message about double tapping the OK button to get started
once you select New Conversation.
The person using the braille device should do that.
When the sighted person is instructed to tap once before typing, there is no
visible keyboard until the blind user hits space bar plus dots 1,4,6.
Then it is pretty straight forward from there.

Also, it seems to work with any braille device.  My test was done with a
non-HIMS display.

I hope to have time to test it with the Braille Edge and the BrailleSense in
the next couple of days.

HTH,
Richard