And just to add this, if you buy one of these first VR headsets for $3,500 they
may also very well be worth $100 in 15 years.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Sieghard
Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2023 11:27 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: What is happen to the Viphone list?

Buying one as an investment might not be a bad idea, just make sure you never
even crack the seal of the box. Considering a few original iPhones in that
condition sold for between $40,000 and $65,000 after what, 16 years or so, not
bad.
The original iPhone cost $499 or $599 back in 2007 depending on configuration,
so even if you paid $599 and you sold it for about $40,000 after 16 years that
would mean an interest rate of 30% compounded annually.
Of course nobody could have predicted that and I just read that if you had
bought $3,000 worth of Apple stock in January of 2007 when Steve Jobs announced
the iPhone, that would be worth over $139,000 today, also a pretty good
investment and at a little over 27% interest compounded annually not far behind
what you could have made if you still had an unopened original iPhone.