At this stage, I think VoiceVista is not useful for turn by turn directions at all. Stick with Apple Maps, Google Maps, GoodMaps Outdoors if you want turn by turn directions to some place you have not been before. I think VoiceVista could be used to say drop a bunch of way points while out for a walk and then string a route together to retrace your steps or something like that.
But, that is just a guess.

Richard, USA.
“What we think or what we know or what we believe is in the end of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do” ~ John Ruskin
My web site: https://www.turner42.com