Mark, what thermostat are you using? That  alone could cause me to purchase the
home  kit. Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of M. Taylor
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2023 9:07 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: I Continue to Appreciate the Accessibility of Apple Home Kit

Hello Everyone,

During the winter, I had a Home Kit compatible thermostat installed in my house.

I continue to truly appreciate the temperature control I now enjoy via iOS and
iPad OS.

Until I installed this thermostat, I either had to turn the A/C either on or
off.  The old legacy thermostats was simply not accessible to me as a blind
person.

However, I recently began having Siri keep the house between 2 temperature set
points such as 78 to 82 degrees. It is wonderful.  Now I know this is not a big
deal for sighted people but, until now, I have not enjoyed this capability,
completely independent of a sighted person.

When I am away from the house for any significant period of time, with the A/C
off, I tell Siri to turn the A/C on before I get home and the house is already
nice and cool.

Now I know this can be done with both Alexa and the Google assistant so I am
not promoting Siri over anything; I just continue to be amazed at the level of
accessibility that I never would have dreamed of 30 years ago.

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/003801d9c6dc%24eb68f7d0%24c23ae770%24%40ucla.edu.