The screen on the 15 Pro and your XR is the same 6.1 inches. Of course your XR
I am pretty sure still has an LCD screen whereas the 15 Pro has an OLED screen.
As for actual size, the iPhone 15 Pro is slightly smaller due to the fact that
nowadays the bezzels are smaller which allows you to put the same size screen
on a slightly smaller phone.
This is also indicated by the percentage of screen-to-body ratio which is part
of the information below:

iPhone XR
Screen: 6.1 inches, 90.3 cm² (79.0% screen-to-body ratio)
Body: 150.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm (5.94 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
Weight: 194 grams (6.84 oz)

iPhone 15 Pro
Screen: 6.1 inches, 91.3 cm² (88.2% screen-to-body ratio)
Body: 146.6 x 70.6 x 8.3 mm (5.77 x 2.78 x 0.33 in)
Weight: 187 g (6.60 oz)

iPhone 15 Pro is smaller than the XR by the following measurements:
Height: 4.3 mm (that is right in between an eighth of an inch and a quarter
inch, to be exact it is very close to 3/16 of an inch.
Width: 5.1 mm which is even slightly more of a difference in width, still not
quite a quarter of an inch, but fairly close and it would be noticeable.
Thickness: same/no difference
Weight: 15 Pro is 7 grams lighter, that is sort of like 2 teaspoons of salt and
you would be hard pressed to notice that.