I haven't read Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult but I've read several of her other books. Right now, I'm still recovering from reading Holly, Stephen King's latest.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2023, at 3:18 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

Hi Alan,

Hmm, maybe I should write a book consisting of Be My AI desdcription and my intelligent comments 🤣

If you don't like your current book, try "Mad Honey" by Jodi Picoult, just listening to it from Audible and it's very good as are all of her books.

If you want something she wrote which is a bit more controversial, try "Small Great Things" or "The Storyteller" or "Nineteen Minutes".

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2023 12:48 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Another example of Be My AI

Sieghard,

Please keep your Be My AI descriptions coming. I find them more enjoyable than the audiobook I'm currently reading.

Alan Lemly

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2023, at 2:32 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

Here is one more example of a Be My AI description. I took the picture first with my Camera app as I wanted to send this to a few sighted friends and include the picture along with the description Be My AI provided so I took the picture, then tapped on "Share" and selected "Describe with Be My AI".

The picture is taken from our bedroom window through the window glass. What you see is our backyard which has some lawn as well as a few still smaller fruit trees on the right and on the left some raised garden beds where we grow stuff like beans, peas, herbs, cauliflower, broccoli, strawbeerries, onions, kolrabi and so on. Of course it is fall in northern BC so all of this is mostly done except that we still have some parsly, peppermint, jives and so on in one raised bed, but it's off the picture. We also have an 8 by 8 foot greenhouse for tomatos, cucumbers, early and late lettuce and some herbs like basil, rosemary and so on which in our climate do better there than outdoors. Anyways, here is the description:

The picture shows a serene outdoor setting. In the foreground, there is a lush green lawn with a few scattered leaves. On the right side are some small trees and on the left side, there is a small greenhouse with a glass structure and a wooden base. Next to the greenhouse, there is a raised wooden garden bed with some plants. A green hose is snaking across the lawn.

In the middle ground, there is a wooden fence with a black tarp draped over part of it. Behind the fence, there is a large, freshly tilled field that appears to be ready for planting.

In the background, there are tall trees with leaves in shades of gold and green, indicating that it might be autumn. Beyond the trees, there are a few houses and structures. In the far distance, there are majestic mountains partially obscured by clouds. The sky above is overcast.

One thing I would possibly question a little is the "lush" description in connection with our lawn. It is relatively green, but we had a super dry summer and due to water restrictions were not allowed to water the lawn so while now we have more moisture at night due to humidity and temperatures in the mid 30's, it's green, but I wouldn't call it "lush".

The description of the greenhouse is spot on, it is probably 50 feet away and the "wpooden base" did surprise me, but it is indeed built on 16-inch tall and 6 inch wide fir timbers which I did to make it not so low. What the description didn't get is that it is sitting on a concrete pad.

The fence description is also correct, in fact I took one other picture before this one and in that it even said that the fence appears to be new which is not incorrect since it's made from cedar and I build it just last fall so the wood still looks fairly fresh.

The bit about the tarp is also right on. I am still working on building a double gate for the 10 foot opening in the fence and for now I put a long board across the two posts and hung a tarp over that because behind our property is an approx. 3 or 4 acre open field which belongs to a school just a few houses down from us and they are currently in the process of establishing a soccre field and green area around that.

Because of that large open space and the fact that due to the drought there are hardly any berries in the mountains, we have a lot of black bears in town this fall and while we just picked the rest of our apples yesterday, I don't want them in the yard if possible. The tarp russles and crackles a bit when it's windy which seems to work quite well to keep them out. Just in the past 3 days our Ring doorbell camera captured one nice black bear walking across our driveway in front of the house and a couple days earlier a Mama Bear with 3 babies in toe walked by around 3 during the night.

Anyways, the rest of the description is also correct, around that field in the back ar tall poppler trees which are turning yellow now and you can see some houses a couple of hundred metres away and then looking further across the valley Hudson Bay Mountain which is a little over 8000 feet tall rises up and by now it's got a bit of fresh snow on the top, but Be My AI didn't pick that up because it may very well be obscured by the clouds today. There is probably also some smoke from a nearby forest fire because it definitely smells smoky out today.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/PH7PR12MB56568E859575B5D63A25F8FEC7FCA%40PH7PR12MB5656.namprd12.prod.outlook.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/F40766E7-9A84-4896-8F79-31879F44F513%40gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/PH7PR12MB56569816B8C39FB38A799318C7FCA%40PH7PR12MB5656.namprd12.prod.outlook.com.