Hi, from my reading I think it has to do with either syncing between iTunes and wireless devices, or with iTunes getting push updates. Both are different, and yet Google searches seem to be vague at best. I found 2 sites you can read and they may or may not help.

http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/index.php?showtopic=35285

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4291289?tstart=0

--
Raul A. Gallegos
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen. ~ Anonymous