From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of R Van
Lant
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2023 5:12 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: hearing aids and iPhone

Hi,

I am plunging into the world of hearing aids.  While it’s mostly because I have
difficulty with quiet voices and loud environments, the guy who will set up my
aids did tell me they can connect to my phone. I’m assuming most sighted people
only connect theirs when listening to a book or music; that is what the guy
made it sound like.  I’m trying to get my head around  what that is like for
voice over users.  Do you leave hearing aids always connected to the phone?
Sometimes I’m on my phone and want to show my sighted family something.  Would
I have to turn off the hearing aid connection to let them hear the audio from
the phone?  They guy told me I’d have 4 to 5 programs set for different
contexts.  Any recommendations of things I should ask when I go in to have the
programs set up for the aids?

Thanks in advance.

Robin

to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com