You are correct, it does work fine except when I ask it to play  this one specific station.

Dan Beaver

Dan Beaver (KA4DAN) USA

Since it is responding to requests and playing stuff it must be connected to Wi-fi; this seems to be more of an  issue that he can’t get it to play what he wants.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2023 9:58 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: troubles with Echo Dot

If your Dot is older, it may not be pairing well with your Wi-Fi.

  • Ask the device if it is connected to the network and let it run through its own test. That’s worth trying; it might work.
  • Find the device name and use that in your instruction. For example, if the device is named Dan’s Second Dot, speak “Dot, play "Exercise for Spirit Radio" on Dan’s Second Dot. By all rights, this shouldn’t be necessary, but I have had similar instructions work.
  • Check your Alexa app and try to connect again. Do this with fear and trembling. The app is  buggy and it doesn’t always work well. Worse, it’s not fully accessible with VoiceOver.
  • Call the Amazon Disability Support Number at 888-283-1678. Be patient. Unfortunately, Amazon tech support is poor. In my experience their staff had great difficulty in understanding that VoiceOver won’t present the screens on the Amazon Alexa app as  they see them. Amazon support is our only option for Alexa, Echo, Dot support.
  • Expect for this all to take time. This may be very tricky.
  • Take deep breaths. Smile!

Hope this helps.

Richard Petty

richard.pe...@earthlink.net