To transfer music and ringtones to my iPhone, I use a program called
Waltr Pro, which has an annual subscription fee of $35.  Nicely
accessible, more so than iTunes, and none of the headaches and
hassles.  For making ringtones, I slice an MP3 file down with MP3
Direct Cut, which also has fade in and fade out functionality.  I then
use an online file converter to turn it into an M4R file.  I like
heavy metal music and have turned a number of classic heavy metal
songs into ringtones.  When my phone rings, a heavy guitar rift plays
from Metallica, Judas Priest, the Scorpions, guns and Roses, and many
others. I am told my ring tones turn heads. They are great
conversation starters.

In highly professional environments, I have the Grateful Dead, Miles
Davis, count Basie bill Evans, and Maynard Ferguson.

I have found that custom ringtones are backed up to iCloud so when my
phone is restored, the ringtones come back before I need to transfer
them from my PC.

Kelly

On 1/26/24, Joshua Hendrickson <louv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As long as I can still share files and get them on to my iPhone, I'll
> continue to use iTunes.  If there were another way to share files and
> get them on to my phone, I'd use it.  Glad you can make ringtones from
> songs.  That is very nice.
>
> On 1/26/24, Malcolm Parfitt <malc...@parfitt1.org.uk> wrote:
>> While I find Apple Music to be a wonderful service I’ve been a user since
>> 2015 it does have its drawbacks.  Fortunately data is not too expensive
>> here
>> in the UK so whether streaming via WiFi or mobile data it’s not too bad.
>> However, unless you regularly explore new music you run the risk of
>> paying
>> for albums over and over again.  Then there is the issue when or if you
>> discontinue your subscription you lose access to all your music whereas
>> buying physical media or downloaded content you will still have access to
>> your library.
>> Malcolm Parfitt
>>
>>> On 26 Jan 2024, at 14:54, Richard Turner <richardr_tur...@comcast.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I suspect Sieghard is right on here.
>>> However, the timing is rather vague.  I found tons of articles from
>>> January of 2023 talking about this, but no articles in a year.
>>>
>>> I don't want to risk messing up what is working currently by downloading
>>> any of the previews, but I won't be surprised if the switch happens with
>>> very little notice or fanfair.
>>>
>>> So, be ready with good backups...
>>>

>>> Richard, USA
>>> “Grandma always told us, “Be careful when you pray for patience. God
>>> stores it on the other side of Hell and you will have to go through Hell
>>> to get it.”
>>> -- Cedrick Bridgeforth
>>>
>>> My web site: https://www.turner42.com/
>>>
>>> Microsoft Windows 11 Core Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.2715),
>>> JAWS version 2024.2310.70.400

>>> from now on. Many years ago I wrote a tutorial on how to make ringtones