To each his own, I suppose. As a total I prefer not to mess with widgets, because they can become confusing for me. I had been having trouble discerning whether I was in the widget or the actual app, both on the 8 Pluse I used to have and the 15 Pro I have now.
The Weather app was a particularly bad situation, because I could not tell that what I thought was a set of focus issues was actually being in the widget. Apple Accessibility could not tell me that was the problem; I had to discover it accidentally. So I deleted the widgets I unknowingly had, and things got considerably better.
Bill Outman

Sent from my iPhone