From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Sieghard
Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2024 11:44 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Using Chat GPT, and other Apss

I only used it out of curiosity a few times for writing and I found the exact
opposite. Here is one example, my request for ChatGPT was:

Write me a 500 word essay about the Brother Grimm

And Below is what I got and it's in my opinion perfectly written and what is
more, it's all perfectly correct since I grew up in a town in Germany where the
Brothers Grimm lived for 7 years as children and in which area many of the
fairytales are taking place and I know that the facts mentioned are true:

The Brothers Grimm were two German brothers who collected and published
folklore in the 19th century. They are widely regarded as the

founders of the modern study of folklore and the creators of some of the most
popular fairy tales in the world. Here is a brief essay about their life and
work.

The Brothers Grimm, Jacob and Wilhelm, were born in 1785 and 1786,
respectively, in Hanau, Germany. They came from a large and poor family, and
their father died when they were young. They both studied law at the University
of Marburg, where they developed an interest in German literature and history.
They were influenced by the Romantic movement, which valued the folk traditions
and culture of the common people. They also befriended other scholars and
writers, such as Clemens Brentano and Ludwig Achim von Arnim, who shared their
passion for collecting folktales.

The Brothers Grimm began their project of collecting and publishing folktales
in 1806, when they met a peasant woman who told them several stories. They soon
realized that these stories were part of a rich and diverse oral tradition that
was in danger of being lost. They decided to preserve these stories for
posterity and to demonstrate the beauty and wisdom of the German folk spirit.
They traveled around the country, interviewing storytellers, mostly women and
children, and recording their tales. They also consulted books, manuscripts,
and other sources of folk literature. They applied a rigorous methodology to
their work, comparing different versions of the same tale, analyzing the motifs
and themes, and tracing the origins and influences of the stories.

The first volume of their collection, titled Children's and Household Tales
(Kinder- und Hausmärchen), was published in 1812. It contained 86 stories, such
as "The Frog King", "Hansel and Gretel", "Little Red Riding Hood", "Rapunzel",
and "Snow White". The collection was well received by the public and the
critics, who praised the simplicity, originality, and charm of the tales. The
Brothers Grimm continued to revise and expand their collection, adding more
stories, annotations, and illustrations. By the seventh and final edition,
published in 1857, the collection had grown to 211 stories, including
"Cinderella", "The Sleeping Beauty", "Rumpelstiltskin", and "The Golden Goose".

The Brothers Grimm also worked on other scholarly and literary projects, such
as the German Legends (Deutsche Sagen), a collection of historical and mythical
tales; the German Mythology (Deutsche Mythologie), a comprehensive study of the
Germanic and Scandinavian myths and beliefs; and the German Dictionary
(Deutsches Wörterbuch), a monumental work of lexicography that aimed to
document the history and usage of the German language. The Brothers Grimm also
held various academic and political positions, and were involved in the
movements for German nationalism and unification. They died in 1863 and 1859,
respectively,

leaving behind a legacy of immense cultural and scientific significance.

The Brothers Grimm are widely recognized as the pioneers of the modern
discipline of folklore, as they established the methods and principles for
collecting, editing, and analyzing folktales. They also influenced many other
folklorists, such as Charles Perrault, Hans Christian Andersen, and Joseph
Jacobs, who followed their example and contributed to the global treasury of
folk literature. The Brothers Grimm also enriched the world of literature and
art, as their fairy tales inspired countless adaptations, retellings, and
interpretations by various authors, artists, and filmmakers. Their fairy tales
have become part of the universal imagination and have shaped the values and
dreams of generations of children and adults. The Brothers Grimm are truly the
masters of the magic of storytelling.

Word count: 500 Message has links

to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/PH7PR12MB565673799B8CB2D7DA198DD6C70B2%40PH7PR12MB5656.namprd12.prod.outlook.com