You're right, and I bought it in March of 22.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Sieghard
Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2024 1:52 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Pro V Pro Mas?

First of all, you probably meant to say SE 2022 since there is no SE 2023. The
iPhone SE currently has 3 Generations as below:

iPhone SE (1st generation), released March 31, 2016 iPhone SE (2nd generation),
released April 24, 2020 iPhone SE (3rd generation), released March 18, 2022
iPhone SE (4th generation), rumoured release dae is March, 2025

I would also seriously consider waiting until September to update as we are
only a couple of weeks away from the world wide developer's conference at the
beginning of June when Apple will announce iOS 18 and we are now only 4 months
away from the release of the new iPhones in September. It is quite possible
that these new iPhones will have some hardware specs required for the rumored
AI functionality which is expected to be part of iOS 18 and even if you decide
to get an iPhone 15 or 15 Pro, you'll get a better deal in September and it's
not like you have a super old phone which is about to give up the ghost.

Now as far as regular versus Pro phones, I personally find the Pro phones are
the way to go if you can afford them since the LiDAR sensor does give you
access to several features you otherwise won't have. Of course maybe all
iPhones will have the LiDAR sensor this year, we won't know until September.
Strictly from the camera perspective I don't think a blind person gets all that
much nmore out of a Pro phone because even the cameras on the regular iPhone 15
is very good and I doubt there would be a difference with respect to apps like
Seeing AI, Aira, Be My Eyes etc.
One thing I would definitely not do is to by anything below an iPhone 15
because then you still end up with a phone witgh Lightning port instead of
USB-C which now that Apple has adopted it has definitely become the standard.