I could only find I cloud in the Iphone’s settings.

Thanks for your suggestions, they spurred me on to keep trying.

Peter T.

On 2024-06-05 3:34 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

I just tried it on my Windows 11 computer with both Chrome and Edge and had no issues. After I entered my Apple Id and password, Jaws focus was automatically in the first field of the 6 numbers, the message with the code popped up on my phone and I entered it without difficulties. The important thing to note is that as soon as you enter the first number, focus will jump to the next field and if you end up entering the number and pressing tab, you are skipping fields and it will not work. I usually review the number on my iPhone and memorize it, then I turn on NumLock on my computer and use the numeric pad to enter the six numbers. As I said, after each number you enter focus goes to the next box and after you enter the last number and as long as you entered them correctly, you will be logged in and in my case I was asked if I wanted to trust this browser which if I said Yes, I would not be prompted for 2-factor authentication next time I log in with that computer and browser.

I also deliberately entered the number incorrectly to see what happens and each time Jaws announced it was incorrect and focus again automatically jumped to the first number field. I did this twice with the same result and then I entered it correctly and I was logged into the iCloud website. I assume there is a limited number of attempts you are allowed for incorrect entries before it locks you out and you then may have to do something more elaborate to authenticate yourself.

Best regards,

Sieghard