I just read through the page with the new policy.

I’m not a lawyer, but I am not sure it is that different than before, they are
just being forced to be more up front with the fact that if you are using a
third party service through or with your Sonos, they may have to share your
information in order to make that happen.  If I authorize my Amazon Music
account on Sonos, I would have expected some information sharing between Sonos
and Amazon.

The same with Apple Music, TuneIn etc.

I for one, will not be losing any sleep over this.  That is until something
goes wrong, 😉

I have too much money invested in their system to just drop them and spend a
bunch more money for another system, which likely won’t have any better
security.  Yes, we could have the entire house wired but we looked into that
before deciding on Sonos.  It would cost as much or more than what we’ve have
spent on Sonos products.

At this point, I can deal with the app as of the June 4th update; when I
accidentally updated it.  I believe more updates are coming later this month
that may improve the VoiceOver access even more.

Richard, USA

"It's no great honor to be blind, but it's more than a nuisance and less than a
disaster. Either you're going to fight like hell when your sight fails or
you're going to stand on the sidelines for the rest of your life." -- Dr.
Margaret Rockwell Phanstiehl Founder of Audio Description (1932-2009)

My web site:  <https://www.turner42.com> https://www.turner42.com